Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lemoncello Cocktail

Whenever I hear the term Lemoncello I picture Danny Devito a mess back in 2006. Hair sticking up and noticeably intoxicated on The View. He chocked up his inappropriate jokes, slurred speech and unsteady walking to too many shots of the traditional Italian lemon-flavored liqueur known as limoncello. "I knew it was the last seven limoncellos that was going to get me," he said. I can see how the drink got him. Tastes like a yummy sweet lemonade. Since lemons are going crazy this time of year, I decided to make a sugar free version of this classic drink. 
Sugar Free Limoncello
10 lemons
2 cups vodka
3 cups water
2 cups splenda
1 tsp vanilla
Juice your lemons.
Add 3 cups filtered water and stir. 
Add 2 cups splenda and 1 tsp vanilla and stir. 
Store in the fridge in a glass bottle until well chilled. 
It will last 3 weeks in the fridge. 
*note if you want a regular sugar version, add 2 cups sugar to water on stove and simmer until all the sugar is dissolved. Then proceed with the above recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment